Sunday, March 2, 2008

unofficially spring

I can't believe it's March! It's almost Spring-like today with temps in the 50's. It'll be a short-lived peek at Spring though because we're due to get snow a few times this week.

We'll be in Arizona next week for the REAL start of Spring: a Cubs game! Lynn celebrated her birthday at a game today (too bad they lost) and we're excited to get out there for a game and some more birthday celebrations. Happy 30th, Lynnie!

My favorite things about spring are the blooming trees and flowers, green grass and sunlight. We put a lot of bulbs in the ground last fall so I can't wait to see how everything comes up.

Ah.....I can almost smell the tulips!

Back to today, I was upset to see that NBC hasn't agreed to air the last six episodes of Scrubs. They have some episodes still to air, but apparently the last six aren't a part of the agreement. Hopefully they'll come to their senses and air Scrubs, as well as renew Friday Night Lights.

We finally watched A Mighty Heart this weekend and it was good. The book is great so the movie had a lot to live up to, but Angelina Jolie, Dan Futterman and the rest of the supporting cast were all very good. No matter the medium, Mariane Pearl's story is absolutely gut-wrenching. The story stays with you...

It's a big week for politics with some major primaries lined-up for Tuesday. I must say I'm absolutely sick and tired of hearing about the "attacks" from Clinton and Obama. Hopefully Tuesday's results will put Obama clearly in the leader column.

I'm going to check out Oprah's Big Give tonight. The premise sounds interesting and I love Jamie Oliver so hopefully it'll be a decent show...we still have more than a few weeks before our favorites return.

Have a good week!

No comments: