Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the waiting game

It feels like time is ticking by very slowly as we prepare for our 20 wk check-up. I'm anxious to see the doctor and get our sonogram!! What's going on in there?! And we are still leaning toward NOT finding out the sex...

I should be taking advantage of this time to start preparing for baby. But we haven't done a thing. We're starting to think about the nursery -- paint color, furniture, etc. It's mind-boggling! I remember when we started to plan our wedding and how nuts everything seemed at the time. All the stuff I thought we "needed" and how easy it was to get caught up in all the commercial craziness. We tried NOT to get too crazy with the wedding, and I am going to try the same approach with the baby. Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to plan, shop and decorate, but I also want to be practical and consider how much stuff our baby really needs.

We are definitely going to be on the lookout for gently used baby items (from furniture to clothes and everything in between) so keep us in mind for anything you are looking to sell or off-load.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

I don't know if your area has them, but down here our high school has a babyfest where everyone takes their gently used baby and kid items and sells them. I got some stuff at yard sales too. They definitely try to sell you a lot of stuff you DON'T need!!!

Catherine Bruining said...

When you get close to starting your registry, let me know and if you'd like, I'll email you a list I compiled before Anna was born of "must have" and "do not buy" suggestions I solicited from every new mommy I could think of! It was super helpful to us as we looked over the overwhelming selections in the stores, and I'd be happy to pass it along.