Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010: the year of great expectations

It's a new year and a time for new beginnings. Our family will grow by half this year: We're patiently awaiting the birth of baby Libert planned to debut in late June!

It's been a wild and completely surreal several weeks as we made our way through the first trimester. We found out the happy news on Halloween, and it was definitely a treat not a trick. I was in total denial. It was hard for me to believe in a sign on stick. Two days later morning sickness hit me like a ton of bricks and then I really started to think I was pregnant. The doctor confirmed it a few weeks later and the countdown to baby officially began.

Our 12 wk appt was pretty fantastic since we got to hear the baby's heartbeat (it was definitely real then!), and we're eagerly anticipating our 16 wk check-up tomorrow. Now we're in the fun stage of telling all our dear friends the happy news. And a baby bump is starting to appear!

I will post updates and photos here; probably not as much on Facebook, so check back for news.