Tuesday, February 5, 2008

tidbits

I forgot to post about my bowling scores Saturday. I bowled so-so with three games in the 140's. Not my personal best, but not awful either.

I'm hoping the Oscar's don't get canceled. Vanity Fair axed their party so it's not looking good that anyone worth seeing is going to show up and walk the carpet.

I'm still thinking about last week's new Lost episode. USA Today's Pop Candy blog has tons of good theories (skim to avoid the spoilers).

We finally watched Bobby this weekend - I guess we were feeling particularly political leading up to Super Tuesday - and it's fantastic. Looks like Emilio Estevez is starting to work on a follow-up piece too.

I'm thinking about TiVo-ing Lipstick Jungle this week...I need a good girl show to root for (hopefully the show qualifies as good).

If you are bored with the random new shows still airing, check out Friday Night Lights. Rent the DVDs, watch it online or see it live/set your TiVos for NBC Friday nights at 8pm. It is one of the best shows on TV - maybe the best drama in years. It's a character-driven show with great writing and wonderful actors. The creator, Peter Berg, is brilliant! Sadly, it's not going to be around for much longer if people don't start watching...

...OK, back to watching the election results...if you're bored too, check out the Obama music video.

No comments: