Sunday, June 1, 2008

June 1

How can it be June 1 already? Crazy.

We had a great weekend. I saw Sex and the City Friday night, loved it, and gave a woo hoo today when I saw the box office results. I think critics/press were WAY too hard on the film. It's supposed to be entertainment for pete's sake! They need to stop over-analyzing and ripping on a "girl" movie about "fashion" and "sex." In fact the show/movie is really more about the amazing friendships between four women if you ask me (and since you are reading this blog I like to think you did). But if the movie was just about fashion and sex, get over it! There are plenty of "guy" movies about nothing and few people rant about it.

Saturday we saw the Cubs beat the Rockies from spectacular seats in just perfect 70's, sunny-sky weather. Could not have been a better baseball day!

Today we hung with the fam for a pre-birthday celebration. The best part of the day was seeing my nan play bags like a pro. She threw three ringers in one round! Clearly, baggo skills run in the family.

No comments: