Wednesday, January 30, 2008

bowling

I'm not going to lie - I love bowling. Often viewed as a geeky, lame sport, bowling is really quite the opposite! Bowling is also a great outing when you live in a small town with limited night-life or cultural options.

I started bowling as a youngster on Saturday mornings when I'd have much rather stayed home and watched Muppet Babies. But my brother was a bowler and if he was at the alley, I wanted to be there too.

He's done a much better job staying active in the sport than I have. He even bowled a perfect game *a 300* a few months ago.

So I'm dusting off the ball to bowl in two tournaments this month. The first tournament is Saturday, and it's more of a "fundraiser," but I'm on a team and prizes are at stake so it's more of a competition than a fundraiser in my opinion.

The second tournament is late February and it's a couples outing. This tournament is set up so that the couple shares each frame (Ben will pick-up whatever I throw and vice-versa). I'm sure this will be very interesting...and potentially argument inducing. I'm already practicing patience.

I'll let you know how it turns out. Wish me luck!

No comments: