Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008: the year of 30

Happy 2008! We celebrated in a very low key manner at home - Bloomington just doesn't have the party scene of Chicago and LA (not to mention a lack of public transportation and/or nearby establishments to walk too which makes drinking while out nearly impossible).

I'm not one to make a list of resolutions, but I do observe the new year as a point of reflection and a chance for a fresh start. I think I'm pondering the new year more than usual because I'll be turning 30 in six months.

I'm not dreading 30 because I'll be "old" per se, but more so because it's a reminder that time keeps flying by and the list of things I want to do (travel, master's degree, kids, etc.) seems especially long and my progress toward those goals needs to be kicked up a notch.

2007 was a transition year for me with the move, new job and new house so I'm aiming to make 2008 a year of..."progress" doesn't seem like the right word but something like taking action on some short-term goals to get on a track toward achieving my long-term goals. So, for example, I want to enroll in a class or two (don't know what!) and move toward a master's degree (actual degree still TBD).

What is everyone else hoping to do in 2008?

No comments: