Sunday, March 13, 2011

Arizona adventure

Well I didn't exactly get to post from Arizona. I thought about it though. We had a great trip. It was a whirlwind!

Wednesday was just a travel day - 8 long hours from our house to the hotel. Miles did amazingly well. We fed him at the airport and he slept on the plane. He was fussy at takeoff (with his binky), but that's it. He was wide-eyed and smiley when Lynn picked us up at the airport.

The hotel worked okay. Looking back I wish I would have gotten a suite so we could have had two rooms (one for Mile to nap in and one for us to be able to move around in!). All in all, it worked fine. The hotel crib was a small metal jail, but Miles didn't mind. He even mostly put himself to sleep Thurs. and Fri. night.

Thursday was action-packed with the Cubs game. Miles and Andrew had a great time, and they were so stinking cute in their gear. We sat in our seats for a few innings and then strolled over to the grass so the boys could move around. The boys were fast friends; Andrew even said "Miles, wait up" when I was pushing him in the stroller. Too cute! That night we stayed in, ordered pizza and let the boys play, play, play.

Friday was a slower day. We visit the Mesa Farmers Market for some goodies, and Miles got to touch his first palm tree. That afternoon we played with Andrew (Lynn and I even got away for a little bit and the boys hung out while the babies napped). We went out to dinner Fri. night at Salty Senioritas (an annual tradition) and the boys were little gems despite a very long wait. Andrew tried to pull the fire alarm (nice save, mommy!) and we had lots of laughs.

Saturday we had a little playtime, met a cactus - no touching, and lunched at Paradise before the return travel marathon. Miles did well on the return flight smiling and waving at our seat neighbors. He napped briefly and got antsy, but did great considering we had a delay ON the plane where we just sat for like 30 min.

The car ride from the airport to our house was the worst part, but I can't say I blame Miles because it was late and it had been such a long day. I wanted to fuss too. All in all, he was a travel champ! The time change (from MT to CT AND daylight savings) has been tricky, but hopefully we'll get back to normal in a day or two.

Now we just need a vacation from our vacation to recover. Pictures coming soon!


Julie Pond said...

Doesn't it feel good to know that you can travel with him? It opens a whole new world. But, at the same time, we're glad you're back!

Lynn B. said...

That was a too short trip. Come back and stay longer next time! Can't wait till Miles is walking and playing with Andrew. Next year is gonna be a whole new ball game when we get the kids together!