Wednesday, June 30, 2010

one week old

Wow - the last week has flown by. Being home has been great and a little overwhelming and scary at times.

Miles is nursing like a pro. I am so so so fortunate!! I know a lot of moms struggle with breastfeeding. So far so good. He did lose about a pound in the first few days until my milk came in over the weekend. We had a weight check with the pediatrician on Monday, and he had gained about half of it back. We go in for another check tomorrow so I hope he's on track. He's certainly filling out nicely.

He's a pretty good sleeper and getting better. He had a few 2 to 3 hour stretches of sleep last night, and I felt like a new woman today!

Ben went back to work on Tuesday, and it was tough for all of us. My mom has been here to help out with everything from burping to laundry (and lots of cuddling). It's been so wonderful to have her around. What are we doing to do next week? I guess it'll be time to settle into a new routine then.

Miles likes to look out the window from his diaper changer.

We've been spending a lot of time in our rocking chair!

No comments: