Monday, July 21, 2008

seen and heard

I keep meaning to post on these items so here's the mish-mash.

Two of my favorite summer looks are eyelet and seersucker (never ever worn together of course). I'd take all of these cute eyelet pieces at In Style.

I had a hard time remembering the last time I wore pantyhose after I read this article. It was a job interview last spring (for my current job)...and I wasn't sure how conservative the company was so I erred on the safe side. Thankfully nylons are not required and open-toe shoes are allowed. Seriously, unless it's required, I can't think of a good reason to wear the jaws of death. If you need them for shaping, buy a Spanx-type item. If you need them for shoe-protection, buy shoe liners (so many shapes and colors to choose from). Is there another reason I'm not thinking of??

My favorite new lip gloss of the moment is from the Sephora line in hot coral. It's a universally great color...how else can you explain why it looks good on me AND Lynn - two totally different skin/hair tones? So awesome.

I browsed the Nordstrom semi-annual sale on Friday and took in some of the Fall looks. Here's one to figure out: peep-toe suede booties. These are a west coast item only -- I can see them in Santa Monica now -- worn with a mini skirt and leg warmers.

No comments: