Wednesday, December 2, 2009

holiday preparations

I've officially taken down my fall/Thanksgiving items around the house, and now I am starting to get excited about decorating for Christmas. We're going to get our tree this weekend, which is always fun. We've decided we need a tree that's a little bigger than the tree we got last year...I'm sure the perfect tree is out there for us.

I know a lot of people who have themed trees, but ours is just a hodgepodge of ornaments we like...from our childhoods, gifts from our wedding, ornaments we've purchased each other in recent years. It's nothing extraordinary to look at, but very special and meaningful to us. I can't wait to decorate!

Our dining room window will be getting a new piece of stained glass I purchased at our Festival of Trees fundraiser. I'm sure there are a few more items still to be purchased. This is our third Christmas in our house, which is hard to believe, but there are still things we'd like...maybe a few outdoor decorations for this year.

Tell me your favorite Christmas decoration. Maybe I need a version of it at my house too!

1 comment:

Lynn B. said...

Do you have a good nativity scene? That is my favorite to put out. I have the Willow Tree figurines.