Monday, November 23, 2009

thanksgiving

I'm off all week for the holiday, and it feels great. I spent the last 4 days in Arizona visiting Lynn and baby Andrew. It was nice to relax, eat and shop with a good friend. Andrew was a champ -- going along with the girls and giving us plenty to smile about.

Now I am getting the house in order and picking out recipes for Thanksgiving. My mom is hosting this year in her new house since it's her holiday off so I'll be taking sweet potatoes, and a few desserts over to share. Friday we'll have round two with Ben's parents.

Oddly, I officially get 2 days off work for Thanksgiving and only 1.5 days for Christmas (though I can't complain since I'm off all week), but this holiday truly seems more relaxed and carefree so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. Christmas madness will be upon us before we know it.

No comments: