Sunday, September 13, 2009

movies, football, etc.

Summer is winding down (unoficially over I guess) and I'm trying to get caught up on movies, TiVo and into football.

After weeks of trying to see some movies, I finally got two in over recent weeks.
  • The Time Traveler's Wife: C. I was prepared to be disappointed because I just didn't see how the movie could live up to the book, and I was definitely disappointed. The movie changed a lot of major and minor things, which isn't terribly surprising, but some things were different for reasons I can't imagine. Rachel McAdams was great and gave an emotional performance. Eric Bana seemed off. Not his best movie. His best scene isn't with Rachel (they were only so so together), it's with the actress who played his mom.
  • Julie and Julia: B+. Loved Amy Adams and Meryl Streep. Funny, sweet and thoughtful. Really loved Meryl and Stanley Tucci. What a pair. I did some reading about Julie Powell (the gal who inspried Amy's character) and I am not sure I have any desire to read her book or know anything more about her. I am glad we got the Amy version of the real Julie.
On the TiVo front, I got sucked into Grey's Anatomy. The show near the end two season's ago and into early last season was just un-watcheable IMO. I decided to give it another chance after reading about the Katherine Heigl cancer storyline. Worth watching...for now. We'll see how the new season starts. We also just finished Entourage (last season) on Netflix. Love those guys! Also loving the new season of Project Runway (early fave is Althea).

We cheered Michigan to victory over the Irish yesterday, and we're hoping to visit Ann Arbor our anniversary weekend for a game.

Up next, da Bears!




No comments: