I've been making numerous trips to Chicago lately and the extremely boring 120 mile trek gives me plenty of time to think about the pros and cons of living in a small town.
Here are my top pros:
1. There is virtually NO traffic. Rush hour is from 5-5:15pm instead of 4-7pm. You can get anywhere in town in about 15 minutes.
2. Nearly every business has a drive-thru window. I can run errands without getting out of the car (hey, this comes in handy in the sub-zero temps). I enjoy my coffee while I hit the bank, dry cleaners, and the pharmacy from the comfort of T-Bone (yes, our car has a name).
3. You can actually find items in stock at Target. It's heaven.
4. Parking is EASY and FREE! Seriously!
5. And last but not least, the cost of living in a small town is a fraction, a tiny fraction, of the cost of a big city.
All that being said, there are some definite cons too...I'll address those next.