Tuesday, August 24, 2010

back to work

Today was my first day back at work. I only worked a half day and Miles hung out with grandpa. He did great! If he'd been crying when I left, well, that would have been another story...It was so odd to be away from him so long -- the longest we've EVER been apart. I am not looking forward to Thursday when I work a full day. Thank goodness I can run home on my lunch hour!!

Overall, I really enjoyed maternity leave. I definitely wasn't sure how I'd feel about it but it was the most wonderful nine weeks. It's the hardest "job" I've ever done for sure. Exhausting, exhilarating and so very gratifying. I feel very fortunate to have had that much time with Miles (though more would have been great!).

Ben's dad and my mom will be on "Miles duty" for the next week and then Ben's going to stay home with Miles for a few weeks. After that, we'll see!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Going back is so hard.....hope it got easier as the week went on. What am I talking about--it never gets easier. We will always miss them:)